Earl Simmons, also known as DMX collapsed outside a Yonkers Ramada Inn Monday night (Feb 8). According to reports the 45-year-old was reported unconscious just after 6 PM. As the rapper was not breathing and had no pulse, the police stepped in and resuscitated him.
There are conflicting reports as to the cause of X's sudden collapse. His camp states he suffered an asthma attack. Yet reports from the scene suggest that X "ingested some sort of white powder." The police officers state that he was administered Narcan—an antidote for narcotic overdoses. After which the "Slippin'" rapper became "semi-conscious" and was taken to a nearby hospital. DMX is currently hospitalized in stable condition.
DMX claims he did not take any "powder" according to new reports. He states remembering to have breathing problems after a few days of dealing with bronchitis. A family member reportedly offered X his asthma inhaler before his collapse.